Betsy Blog

Monday, April 30, 2007

Climbing Mt. Erie after the Tulip Festival


Birdy is enjoying the view of Anacortes from Mt. Erie.



Birddog clipped in hang'n out.


This was the second pitch, there could have been one or two more, but I had to put my foot down and say "let's go back down". It was way too exposed for me to keep climbing. Freeky Deeky. See me clinging to the tree, I was praying that its roots went deep into the rock. I need to work my way up to the level of craziness that rock climbing requires. I'll try again next time.

Photo opp., just before we belay otta here.

Our weekend hosts in La Conner, Aunt Marion and Uncle Sam, did not join us climbing, but they did make sure we ate like "rock" stars. Salmon, baked potatoes and string beans for dinner, apple crumble for dessert. Our choice for breakfast, Me- brown sugar & oatmeal, Birdy- eggs, bacon, & toast. Aunt Marion even packed a sack lunch for us to carry up the mountain, Turkey Pastrami sandwiches with chips. Super lovely wonderful, we can't wait to visit again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home