Betsy Blog

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Seattle Sundy-Training Day


We headed out late in the morning from Queen Anne and biked to the Ballard Locks. We were going to the Value Village in North Seattle to look at a couch, someone had gotten there before us, no new couch. After a few rounds at the thrift store we started to head back south for our ride over to West Seattle.

Slow Go-
I got a flat tire, bummer.

I looked across the street and there were flat tires everywhere. What is with the roads today?

Birddog to the rescue!
I am stuck on band aides, cuz band aides saved my day!

We had a nice ride through the Seattle sculpture garden. There were tons of people out on this beautiful Sunday! We even saw a giant rainbow!

We made it to West Seattle and stopped over at Sam's house to see Broham and their new Frasselpants, 6 month old ferret.
We actually biked to Alki Beach and couldn't move another muscle. Broham picked us up and was our hero as he drove us home too! It was raining and even though I wanted to complete the training circuit for today, I totally appreciated the ride. Thanks for the ride Sam-Bro!


Our distance traveled today= 26 miles. Click here and look for the Neighborhood Names of our bike ride, Queen Anne- central left side of map, to Ballard- North of Queen Anne, to Green Wood- (value village) top of map, and then down to Alki- West Seattle lower left .

We are training for the Chilly Hilly on Sunday, Feb 25. It's a 33 mile ride around Bainbridge Island. Sweet-Sweet. My butt is sore. My legs feel like jelly noodle butter. My shoulders are tweaked, my back is tight, but it was worth the distance. Riding around with Birdy is a true adventure. If I only had my camera out when he took a head dive over his handle bars and missed a rock wall by one inch. He walked away with his handle bars sideways, his bike light blinking and a bloody scratch on his palm- Tough guy.

Anyone want to join the Chilly Hilly? It'll be all fun and games with this crew! See ya there!

1 Comments:

At 2/11/2007 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What a ride. I rode about 1 mile today, which is more than I've done in several months (not counting in the gym), then decided to drive to Uwajimaya. But we're signed up for Chilly Hilly and Seth has been warned that I will be stopping at both Churchmouse and Esther's when we're done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home