Betsy Blog

Friday, September 29, 2006

Look Out Seattle- Amy's Here!


My step-sister Amy arrived in Seattle on Wednesday. She flew from China to Japan to San Fransisco and finally Seattle. Not knowing what she looked like I made a sign and took it to the airport. I didn't know if she spoke English or if she even read English so I took a crash course online and made a translation just incase. I found out her Chinese name is Jinhua and her American name is Amy.



She fits right in here in Seattle. Her English is very good. We found this Chinese influence at a bus stop and she translated it for me. She is teaching us Chinese too, we need to practice - a lot.



We took a quick walk down on the pier. Beautiful night for Fish n Chips and a latte.

Amy knew this place, even China has Starbucks.


We are so lucky to have finally met our newest addion to the family. Amy is learning how Americans make breakfast- cereal, and in return she is teaching me Chinese cooking- "real cooked food".

2 Comments:

At 9/29/2006 10:55 PM, Blogger Megan said...

How fun!
Welcome to Seattle, Amy!

 
At 9/30/2006 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cool. Welcome Jinhua/Amy!

You are a great step-sister.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home